The Third Eye Chakra represents intuition, true sight, self-awareness, observation, lucid dreaming, concentration, and imagination. It is located between the eyes slightly above the brows. This Sixth Chakra is responsible for your ability to see the bigger picture.
If you find it difficult to see other people’s point of view this means your Third Eye Chakra needs to be balanced. Most close-minded or limiting beliefs can indicate a blockage in this chakra.
The Sixth Chakra is also known as the Ajna Chakra. Ajna in Sanskrit means to “perceive” or “beyond wisdom.” This name is especially relevant because the Ajna Chakra is all about seeing things beyond physical reality.
Signs that the Third Eye Chakra is Off-Balance or Blocked
- Lack of Confidence
- Lack of Purpose
- Feeling of Frustration or that Something is Wrong
- Disconnected with your Intuition
- No Meaning in Life or Lack of Direction
- Bothered By Many Tension Headaches
The sixth chakra governs our insight into the collective consciousness and spiritual realm. When clear and balanced, it gives us the ability to understand energy and perspectives we might not possess or agree with. This insight connects us to all that is, all that has been, and all that will ever be.
The Ajna Chakra is a spiritual and unifying chakra in the body. When open, it can help guide you to unblock other chakras and live life in alignment with your higher purpose. To learn more about opening this chakra and how to understand it, you can read the rest of this article, which gives an in-depth overview of the sixth chakra.
Third Eye Chakra’s Color
The vibratory color of the Third Eye Chakra is Indigo. Indigo is the color of intuition and meaningful insight. Indigo means sincerity, wisdom, and fairness.
Wearing the color indigo can give you a natural intuitive boost and make you feel more aligned with your natural instincts. Visualizing this color during manifestations and meditations can have a powerful effect on the processes.
Third Eye Chakra’s Crystal
Amethyst is a stone that represents spirituality. It is used to enhance meditation, purifying negative energy, and getting rid of attachments. Amethyst also has healing properties. You can use amethyst to heal ailments, emotional trauma, and balance your chakras.
Amethyst stimulates the Third Eye by clearing attachments and giving you an intuition boost. You can use amethyst by holding it while meditating, use or wearing jewelry made of the stone.
8 Facts About The Third Eye Chakra
- The angel associated with the Ajna chakra is Archangel Chamuel.
- The symbol Om represents the Third Eye chakra.
- It is placed over an inverted triangle within a circle between two lotus petals.
- The third eye chakra is associated with the pituitary gland, hypothalamus, eyes, frontal sinuses, many parts of the brain.
- The sixth chakra needs sunlight, enough sleep, and a healthy diet to stay open and balanced.
- The sixth chakra is where the phrase “sixth sense” comes from.
- The mantra sound for the sixth chakra is SHAM.
- Essential Oils for the third eye chakra~ Elderberry seed oil, Almond Blossom, Pine, Jasmine, Juniper, monkshood, Lavender, Lupin, Hyacinth, and Palo Santo
Opening the Third Eye
The name Ajna for the sixth chakra comes from the Sanskrit word that means beyond wisdom. To let life force energy flow through this chakra freely, one must be able to see and understand the world beyond their own limiting beliefs and physical reality.
When this chakra is out of alignment, you may experience eye problems, confusion, dissociation, sleep problems, mental illness, anxiety, lack of morals, denial, and headaches. You may also find it difficult to care about the world and people around you.
The third eye sees what the naked eye can not, such as aura’s, the collective consciousness, and other dimensions of our existence. It thrives off of open-mindedness, self-awareness, and introspection. Meditation, visualization, learning, listening to music, getting enough sleep, paying attention to your dreams, mindfulness, and tarot cards are all excellent ways to work with and expand your Third Eye chakra.
Meditation for Balancing the Sixth Chakra
The best way to work with your Third Eye Chakra is through meditation. This meditation can take place anywhere, whenever you feel like doing it, but for the best results meditate in a secluded area before bed. This way, you can set intentions for lucid dreaming and get into a relaxed but aware state before entering the dream realm.
Work with amethyst, essential oils, and/or affirmations when meditating. You can imagine your sixth chakra opening. Take deep breaths and clear the mind.
Third Eye Chakra Affirmations:
- I see beyond my attachments.
- I see other’s perspectives.
- I see the beauty and love around me.
- I am intuitive.
- I trust my intuition.
- I envision becoming like my higher self.
- I am clear.
- I imagine a world of calm and peace.
- I am attuned to my soul.
- I embrace my psychic and clairvoyant abilities.
The sixth chakra is responsible for one’s intuition, discernment, and spiritual purpose. Clearing your sixth chakra will help in finding meaning in life. You will be able to act with confidence and trust that you are aligned and on the correct path in life.