The heart chakra represents your sense of compassion, feelings of self-love, generosity, kindness, and respect. The fourth chakra is called Anahata in Sanskrit, which translates to unstruck sound. This chakra is in the middle of all the other chakras and located in the center of your chest.
The Anahata is responsible for giving and receiving love. It also drives thought, emotions, and spirituality. Without spirituality, all the chakras would remain blocked for most people, which is why the Anahata is vital.
Signs that the Heart Chakra is Off-Balance or Blocked
- Holding Grudges
- Heart Trouble or Disease
- Overly Afraid of Getting Hurt
- Unable to Love Self or Others
- Fear of Commitment
- Very Untrusting with People
A clear and balanced fourth chakra lets you appreciate others and feel compassion without guilt. This chakra doesn’t only allow for kindness; it also makes you think of your own self-love. The fourth chakra is essential for a deep sense of gratitude for your beautiful life. When your heart chakra is balanced, you will feel a sense of peace, contentment, and understanding of the world around you.
To open and balance the Anahata, you can use crystal healing, affirmations, and rediscover what the heart chakra means to you. The rest of this article will go into more detail about how to open the heart chakra and what it can mean to you.
Heart Chakra’s Color
The vibratory color of the fourth chakra is Green, which is the color of health. It promotes healing and the feeling of contentment. Green can make you feel more healthy, compassionate, and empathetic.
By surrounding yourself with the color green, you may begin opening and clearing your heart chakra. You can achieve this by spending time outdoors around trees and plant life, decorating your house in green decor, or by wearing green stones and clothing.
The Heart Chakra’s Crystal
Green Calcite is used to get rid of negative thoughts and emotions. This stone absorbs negativity like a sponge so you can feel more empathy. Green calcite also has healing energy and can help you recover from emotional fatigue.
Green Calcite is useful during meditation or your day to day life. You can wear or carry Green Calcite with you to reap its powerful benefits. You can try wearing it as jewelry such as a wire-wrapped necklace or earrings.
8 Facts about the Heart Chakra
- Angel’s energy comes from Archangel Raphael.
- The fourth chakra is associated with the element air.
- Heart, lungs, circulatory system, arms, hands are all associated with the heart chakra.
- Eating green vegetables such as kale, collard greens, lettuce, green bell peppers, spinach, and green apples helps open the heart chakra.
- A green lotus represents the fourth chakra with twelve petals and a pink center.
- The element air is associated with this chakra.
- To open Anahata chant, the sound Yam pronounced Yang
- Scents associated with this chakra are~ Jasmin, Lavender, and Rose.
Meditation for Balancing the Heart Chakra
To begin the meditation for opening your heart chakra take deep breaths from the center of your chest where the chakra is located. Concentrate on feelings of compassion, generosity, love, empathy, and understanding. Place both hands, one on top of the other, over your heart chakra and clear your mind.
The fourth chakra allows us to recognize and get in touch with the spiritual truth that connects all things on earth. Anahata means unstruck sound, which means unhurt. When our Anahata is open, it acts as if it has never been hurt and rotates inward and outward in a spiraling motion. It helps us give and receive love without fear.
The Anahata chakra becomes closed and unbalanced when you experience emotional pain such as trauma or grief in relationships, family, or friendships. This hurt is what you need to heal from to be able to give and receive love freely once again.
Heart Chakra Affirmations
- I am open to love.
- I give and receive an abundance of love.
- I love and accept who I am.
- I am wanted and loved.
- I am balanced, I am generous, and I am grateful
- I forgive myself and others around me.
- I am open to love and kindness.
- I love the beauty of the world around me.
- I feel connected to nature and animals.
- I accept things as they are.
- I am at peace with myself.